Wednesday, December 11, 2013

reflection essay




english class






Hi, i am a senior student and my final project is to make a survey about “how students deal with the English classes” I would ask random questions for random students in the English building.



We are at the end of this semester; I would like to ask you how did you found your English class?





 
          









It was one of my best classes maybe because of my professor, he was amazing and really helpful or maybe because of my classmates, they were friendly.






 
What are the difficulties you had in the writing this semester? And how did you overcome them?

          
















  I was struggling in grammar and word choices, but my professor advised me to go to the LRC, I did 
and they were helpful. Also, our SI leader helped me in editing my papers. Moreover, I followed my professor comments and instructions for each essay and I used them in all of the essays, that’s how I overcame the struggles I had.












What was your favorite essay? And why?














        
    The second essay was my favorite essay; it was about space and the importance of the space. It was the most interesting one for me because I choose a place in the Middle East, which was the Khalifa Tower. It was kind of art and because I like art I liked this assignment.












What was the hardest essay you wrote in this semester?





         









   It was the first essay because I didn’t know what the professor is looking for in the paper. And what the A paper require.
















What did you learn from your English class this semester?
















In order to get A in this class you should first understand the prompt well, has a strong thesis, 

strong and exciting topic sentences, which describes each paragraph in a sentence, and linked them to the thesis statement. Also, the organization is important to get an A paper. In addition, adding quotes, and examples then explain them in a detailed way in your body paragraphs to support your topic sentences; and that contributes in getting A in your paper.  At last and not least, an A paper should contains correct grammar, spelling, MLA format, and punctuation.

















What are the similarities and the differences between the English class in this semester and the one you took last semester?












      
     

In both English classes we read a comic book but in 113A I compared the comic book to my experience; but in 113B, I compared it to a movie, which was more difficult, but at the same time it was interesting because we watched the movie in the class and it was a great movie. I discussed Evey’s character, who was one of the main characters in the comic book and the movie as well, in a detailed.













How do you describe the English classes?













 All of my English classes were writing classes, but after this class I would like to describe English ascooking. The more you repeat or cook a recipe the more professional you became. In writing the more you revise and re-write a draft the more you do it well. Moreover, in cooking, the variety in spices you add to the food the more delicious test you get, while in writing the more evidences and details you add, the more interesting paper you get. And if you prepared for your recipe well and if you organized the ingredients well you will get a dutiful dish, which attract people to eat it, as well in writing, organizing your ideas attracts the readers to read the essay.


 









No comments:

Post a Comment